Tuesday 25 April 2023

Stawell Quilters – 70th birthday block

At Stawell Quilters, when a member is celebrating their 70th birthday, blocks are sewn and put together into a quilt top for that member as a gift from the Group…one member does soooo much work, she works out the designs and puts the blocks into numbered bags for handing out and return to her when done and then she constructs the quilt top...a massive commitment and we are very lucky to have someone who is willing and able to do that work.This is the block I stitched...
...eventually. I made an oops when reading the instructions and thought the return date was a week after it actually was and that I might be a week late but in reality I was two weeks late…not to self: read instructions Properly!...the remaining blue lines were not to be stitched as they are pre-marked quiltling lines...the final design is a mystery to us as we stitch and will be revealed when the top is gifted...

Happy Stitching...
 

2 comments:

ButterZ said...

Sounds like a great idea. I’m sure the finished quilt will be beautiful

dq said...

Jindy, your work is exquisite. I loved seeing the beautiful hand work you do at Scrub Stitchin'.