Monday 24 April 2023

Cave Hill Creek March 2023…Angel Gifts…

March Labour Day Weekend meant heading to Cave Hill Creek for camp with Stawell Quilters…and this year I got to stay the whole weekend (not joking...I had to leave in a hurry last year).   
 
At every camp is an Angel Swap. Swapped by numbers so to be totally random, numbers are given out and then we all go up to the table and take the present with the corresponding number…it was so funny, one of the ladies I sit with said “oh I hope I get yours” and then…she came back to the table and I started laughing because she did!!!... I made a mug bag and, after standing in the shop for ages agonising, chose a pretty butterfly mug to go in...
 
The recipient was very happy with her present which makes me happy…
 
I received ... a mug bag! Ha ha ha…but it is a step up from the one I made, pretty luxe!!! It has been put to use…and a Smee Designs pattern…she actually designed my business logo and I love her drawings…not too shabby, I was very happy.
Otherwise it was three days of friendship, occasionally putting a few stitches in whatever I was doing that I can’t remember, chatting, laughing and eating – a lot!!!  Always enjoyable to spend more time with the ladies and see the members I don’t see regularly because I can’t go during the day…
 
Happy Stitching...

3 comments:

Lin said...

I would have been very happy to receive either of those mug bags but I must say the one your received is very swish!

Chookyblue...... said...

So pleased you got the whole time there this year ..... Lovely swap gifts......

dq said...

Very nice mug bags both received and gifted. Lovin' that Aussie embroidery pattern as well.