Thursday 27 April 2023

Northward Ho!...Lake Cargelligo to Tooraweenah...

Day 2 was a shorter route than Day 1...Lake Cargelligo to Tooraweenah.  Before leaving Lake Cargelligo I had a little drive around the lake and checked out the painted water tower...it was challenging to get pictures as the sun was in just the wrong spot...
After arriving at my destination for that night...Tooraweenah Caravan Park...and unloading the car into the cabin, I had time to get up to Coonabarabran and check out the patchwork shop where I found Janice & Lou!!!! Best find in the shop!!! and it is a lovely shop with much temptation...I was very happy to find she stocks Cosmo embroidery threads so I was able to get the colours I needed for a particular project.

I stopped on the way back to the cabin at the lookout on the road in to Tooraweenah from the highway...it's a lovely spot to look out to the Warrumbungles...
Also at the lookout is a sculpture of a returned soldier...a bit of unexpected public art...
Only one more sleep and then it is on to Baradine!!!!!
 
Happy Stitching...

7 comments:

Lin said...

I love the sculpture and the sentiment behind it. Nice to find surprises in a patchwork shop! xx

ButterZ said...

You got some great photos

Chookyblue...... said...

Cool another water tower..........
Nice your ran into the girls...... Love the view from that spot........

loulee said...

Sometimes mother nature does not help, but you still managed to show us another great silo. I'm amazed by all of the wonderful artwork on display in Australia.
I'm sure that store was visited by quite a few of us.

Janet O. said...

Very cool water tower art!
And that is really fun that you ran into Lou and Janice at the shop. Yes, the best find!

Janice said...

Hopefull,y we will get to see the Lake Cargelligo water tower in the next couple of months. They evidently didn't get to paint the Space Shuttle as they originally wished. I do love the photo of the Warrumbungles in the evening light and the returned soldier sculpture is a wonderful celebration of the centenary of Armistice. It was a lovely surprise to see you at the patchwork shop in Coonabarabran.

dq said...

It amazes me how far everyone came for Scrub Stitchin'. I enjoyed reading about your journey and seeing photos of interesting things along the way especially the art.