Wednesday 28 December 2022

Cave Hill Swap...

Oh look...a draft post!...oopsie...Early-mid September was Stawell Quilters bi-annual stitchy camp at Cave Hill Creek...a venue in the hills between Raglan and Elmhurst...I arrived after work only a couple of hours after most others...so didn't miss out on too much...and just in time for tea!...

We sew in a big common room and this is the view...not so shabby...the weather was less than clement so there were no walks around the lake/grounds, good weather for bunkering down indoors...



There is a swap during the weekend... I made a Birds of the Meadow fabric storage box by Melissa Grant of One Day in May...I made the smaller size...

While hand stitching down the binding I discovered...way too late to do anything about it of course...that a section of a side seam hadn't been caught..a small crochet "flower" appliqued over the offending missed part of the seam took care of that...it was an interesting construction and turned out quite a bit bigger than I imagined so was glad i had gone for the smaller size pattern.  I do like the embroidery panel, the little bird is a scrap of flannel, nice and soft. I wanted to make something useful and it turned out to be a more practical size that I thought it would (my idea of size and reality are not always in sync! ha ha ha)...

Happy Stitching...

3 comments:

ButterZ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ButterZ said...

Ooooh that looks like a lovely place to spend a few days.

Chookyblue...... said...

oh that's a great view........lovely swap gift.....I think it will be a good size to use.......