Monday 11 April 2022

Scrub Stitchin' 2022...

Finally, I made it to the ultimate prize of the drive north...Scrub Stitchin'...

Set up ready to welcome us all for five days of stitching frivolity...

And pretty much that's all you get...yep, I managed to take no, yes that is no, photos during the retreat...so if you want to see stuff you'll need to visit Sue, Jo, Janice or any of the other bloggers who who were not useless like me and actually recorded the festivities...

For my efforts of the stitchy kind I did make some very slow progress on very slow projects...not in order for my own record - appliqued down one star on Anna, pieced two wagon wheels for Bum'ble Bee, appliqued some previously back basted petals on Wildflower blocks with further pieces back basted for another day and a good bit of of embroidery on one heart piece for wool felt pincushion.

I was lucky enough to score Chooky's present in the Make It, Bake It or Fake It Swap...a Red Tractor mug and a pack of wee pre-cuts, like 2" or some such.  I didn't make a start on the Sashiko pincushion project we were all given but you never know it might be done to take back next year for show and tell.

It was a great retreat and I am looking forward to next year - thanks to Chooky for all her organising and the other ladies for their friendship.

Here is a dodgy pic on the phone of the sunset looking back to Camp Cypress Sunday night...it was glowing so red/orange/pink in the rear view mirror...

Happy Stitching...

6 comments:

loulee said...

At least you got there and made some lovely memories.

Maria said...

So good you got to enjoy your time with the ladies at Scrub Stitchers

Raewyn said...

So glad that you had a wonderful time at Camp Cypress. Hopefully I'll get to meet you in person next year!!

kiwikid said...

It was a great time wasn't it. Lots of photos on other blogs I am sure. Beautiful sunset photo.

Susan said...

I can imagine you were busy talking sewing and generally enjoying yourself - it's easy to forget the pictures!

Janice said...

It was great to finally meet you in real life. What a great weekend. I look forward to seeing you there next year.