Friday 8 April 2022

Hay...Sunset and Silos...

The sun sets and the moon rises over the Hay Plains...


I was a wee bit late to the party as I didn't get into town as early as I'd hoped so I missed the start of the show but still worth the short drive out along the Cobb Highway to the viewing point...not enough time to get the camera out, the phone will have to do or it will be all over so not the best photos...

The next morning before heading further north up the highway I went back to the painted silos to see them in the daylight...

The sun was in a bit of the wrong position for getting photos without any shadows...really like that they included a nurse and an indigenous soldier local to the area who contributed to the war efforts...

Then it was time to continue north to the next overnight stop before the ultimate prize...Scrub Stitchin'...

Happy Stitching...

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Beautiful sunset/moonrise photos. As I am often trying to catch such moments, I understand that there is often only time to grab the phone, or it is over.
The painted silos are incredible. I really enjoy seeing them--shadows or not.
Wonderful that you get to go to Scrub Stitching'! Haven't been to a retreat for over two years now. Will live vicariously through you gals!

Maria said...

Beautiful sunset, and gorgeous murals on the silos…..

Chookyblue...... said...

Nice

Janice said...

Ooh. More silos to check out one day. The sunset is beautiful. Something else we haven’t done when down that way. You had a lovely trip.

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous sunset. I would love to do a bit of a silo tour one time - they are pretty incredible.