Sunday 27 February 2022

Zooming with Alice Progress...

Yesterday was a Zoom day with Chookyblue and the bloggy ladies from all over...

I didn't join in until lunch time as I got all the distractions sorted and out of the way first so I could stay and play without feeling I needed to multi-task...once settled I got stuck back into the centre medallion for  "Alice"...

At the start of the session I was still at the point of attaching the background/teal units around the blue block and by the end of the day all stitched together...missing the top middle orange hexagons because something went wrong with my counting skills and I need to prep three more orange dinner plate hexies to go in there...once the "picture" is applique into the centre it will be time to prepare the half and quarter hexies to square up...definitely a slow stitching project and not yet bored and wanting to put it away for a while so keep moving before the interest wanes (which very much could happen at the prep the squaring up pieces stage, we'll see)...

Another fun day with lots of catching up, laughs, oohs and ahs over each others projects and solving the problems of the world...balm for the soul...thanks again Chooky, best thing to come out of the COVID pandemic...

 Happy Stitching...

5 comments:

Hanne said...

It was so nice to see you on Zoom again 😊
I love your work too ❤

loulee said...

It was good to see you. You made great progress. Did you cut those orange pieces yet?

Janice said...

It was a lovely day on Saturday, wasn't it. Your project is coming on so nicely and we even solved the problem of my comments. Bonus

Chookyblue...... said...

It's coming together...... Your doing great..... Zoom sewing definitely best thing to come out of Covid for sure

Christine M said...

Alice is looking fabulous. Lovely catching up with you on Saturday. I'm loving the zoom stitching days. xx