Saturday 11 February 2012

I Lost the Fight...

The fight not to start any new large projects until I've liberated fabric from ones already on the go that is...but...

I've been fighting the urge to start one of this year's Summer School projects since I returned from Blackheath...last night I lost the argument with myself...*sigh*...
Hexies ready to be stitched into rosettes for the first round...and order placed for papers required for the rest of the quilt...

I found $10/metre fabric for this quilt's wide borders from one the shops in attendance at Summer School (and nope can't remember which one) and then I found three of their $5.00 scrap bags which worked just nicely with that fabric - bargain!  Other fabric needed will be scrounged from the on-site Fabric Emporium...such fun playing mix and match with fabric...

Happy Stitching...

6 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Those will be such pretty hexie flowers. Love the fabrics. :o)

Kerry said...

Well, that's a fight worth losing. Glad to see you're with the program now! You needed something to be a take around project anyway. Love your colour choices.

Grethe said...

This looks nice Annette;lovely hexie flowers and what a bargain;lucky you!! Must be lovely to feel the summer at your end. Cold,sunny with lots of snow around me,with lots of flowers and candlelights inside makes it cosy and warm:-)

Mistea said...

Yum berries with chocolate and vanilla.
Enjoy your new project.

Anne Heidi said...

Oh they will be beautiful! Those fabrics are just perfect :-) Enjoy your new project!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Annette! Oh dear ... I've been having similar arguments with myself ... and losing too! :0) I seem to have started a number of projects in the last week, got completely sidetracked and not finished any. SIGH! I'll get organised one day! :0) Hope you're enjoying playing with your hexies ... though I confess to not understanding the hexie craze! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS