Friday 21 October 2011

A Week's Work...

In the last week there has been some progress in the sewing room.  I finished my challenge entry for last weekend's quilt show...
My interpretation is quilt blocks hanging among the gum leaves...I used 4 1/2" blocks that I liked, taken from the book 501 Quilt Blocks. All my fabrics came from the Under the Sun range by Leesa Chandler that the challenge fabric came from.  I just love love love the beautiful jewel colours and gold highlights Leesa used in this fabric range.  I hand quilted with a gold metallic thread in the ditch around and in the blocks and around the gum leaves in the panels.

I also managed to get the centre hexagon panel put together for my version of Karen Cunningham's Anna's Quilt...
Next up is the inner border of coffin shapes...I've been looking forward to playing with that shape and using bits and pieces of lots of fabrics to create the border...

The project I started at Urban Stitches...Melly & Me's "Sketch & Stitch" (I think it is getting a new title which it may have by now) is a finished project...
Designed as a take-along organiser to hold a sketch pad, pen and basic stitchy supplies like needles & scissors...another easily put together fun project by Melanie Dekker...

And I'm still working away on finishing my 'Tis the Season so I can play along in the next stitch-a-long.  The hand quilting with perle thread is about half way done, I got a lot done at sewing on Monday but it is a bit hard on the old fingertips so I've given it a rest for a couple of days.  I also spent hours, and I do mean hours, turning photos into Smilebox slideshows and replacing the photos in posts with the slideshows to free up space on Picassa which was just about full to capacity without buying extra storage...should be good for a little while longer...

Hope your week has been productive...

Happy stitching...

Oh I just realised I can count two more finishes for OPAM for October! Wahoo!!

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

I like your quilts hanging in the gun trees.......hope that TTS is done soon.........time is up......
I email all my photos to my blog and have stacks there and no where used the space............

Miss Hillbilly said...

Your little blocks hanging in the trees is wonderful. Great interpretation!

Anonymous said...

You are a pocket rocket Annette what great projects and finishes,well done

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

How cool is that with the blocks hanging in the gum trees! Love all your hexies too. I have yet to make any. Poo!
xx, shell

Kerry said...

Love your quilt blocks hanging in the gum leaves. Very artistic!
Good going on Anna, and you finished the organiser too. My goodness, putting me to shame in the accomplishment department!

Mistea said...

Lots of nice progress happening in your trees.
Love the little organiser very pretty and of course perfect colours.
Glad you got those hexies in line!

Grethe said...

Lovely sampler with the Gum Tree Leaves:-)First time ever I have seen the flowers of the tree on Chooky`s blog. Good luck on your TTS!