Saturday 22 October 2011

October Friday Night Sew-In...

Last night was Friday Night Sew-In, hosted each month by Heidi & Bobbi...this month I see 195 bloggers signed up to stitch together, how cool is that!!...so of course my plans went slightly pear-shaped and I ended up working at one site all day and then powering to another site for the 1 1/2 hours I had planned to work there earlier in the day...this means I didn't actually get home and get to start stitching until 8:30pm...and because I had to work at Cox Plate (horse race meeting in Melbourne) today a late night was not in order...a couple of hours was all I got in but I did sew...made further headway with the hand quilting on 'Tis the Season...wahoo!...almost there...not photo worthy though...I've sewn a couple of more lines in the last 1/2 hour since getting home from work today but now have to pop around to the fire brigade for our annual dinner...my plan is to eat and run home to stitch some more...let's see if I can escape without anyone stopping me at the engine room door! *LOL*...oh great it just started raining and I had planned to walk...grrr....

Hope to be back tomorrow with a photo of the quilt...binding and all...crossing all fingers and toes and asking the universe to co-operate...

Hope your FNSI was productive...

Happy Stitching...

5 comments:

Fiona said...

So busy but at least you got a bit of sewing in... it's amazing how many people link up... quite fun thinking we are all stitching together!!
Hugz

Anonymous said...

well done Annette,you are a very busy girl

Mistea said...

Glad there were a few stitches - my Friday night was all about the cutting, luckily the rain today meant I could get some sewing done. Yippee!

Grethe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grethe said...

Good luck Annette;
hope you had a nice walk home with no rain, before you started sewing:-)