Wednesday 29 June 2011

OPAM for June...

Well, the end of June is almost here and aside from being the End of Financial Year and tax time for us Aussies it's also time to tote up June OPAM finishes...


I've two more small finishes to add to my June tally...

a scissor keeper...the fabric is Summertime Friends by Lynette Anderson for Lecien...the template came from Lynette's book "It's Quilting Cats and Dogs"...I just love the muted colours in this cute fabric...and

an appliqued tea towel...not using the machine applique technique I learnt on Saturday but the regular zig zag as satin stitch.  The tea towel is a waffle one from Spotlight and the shapes I found somewhere on the world wide interweb...and if I had any idea where that was I'd give credit...good grief the photo has picked up every little bump in the cloth when I flung it down on the table in a hurry before work this morning to take the picture and the shapes look all distorted, they really aren't...


I didn't think this was going to happen...the teapot was stitched and Monday morning I thought, oh I'll just finish off that tea towel that won't take long...wanna make a bet!  P-faff decided sewing wasn't part of her plan...ah, you are a Sewing machine P-faff that's your job!  After much cajoling she decided to come to the party...think she was just plain tuckered after all her hard work on Saturday...


I've finished stitchery number 12 for the 'Tis The Season Stitch-A-Long and number 13 is that close to finished it's almost painful but it has lots of little "bits" and I'm just too plain tuckered to do any tonight even though I really really wanted it done before I go to Adelaide tomorrow...we'll see what time I get up, maybe a few stitches before leaving...but now, I'm off to snooze land, it's been a busy busy day...


Happy Stitching...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely projects Annette i really love the tea-towel.well done kiddo

Shay said...

Well you've been a busy little bee havent you? Love the dish towel. Gorgeous.

Drive safely and have fun in wonderful Adelaide!

Fiona said...

Lovely projects... funny I was sewing applique on dish cloths this week too - great minds think alike??????
Hugz

Mistea said...

Pretty teapot, cup and saucer - seems there popping up everywhere lately, glad you got madam pffaff to play nice eventually.
Safe travels and enjoy stitching.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Love your scissor keeper. I have that book and am hoping to make one at some point!