Saturday 7 August 2010

A Bit of This...A Bit of That...




Where does the week go...oh yeah, work stuff and the like...not a lot of achieving to report stitchy wise...


Friday morning (my day off - yay!) our local quilting group hosted an interesting talk by the Quilters World Travelling School Bus...I figured that was 2 1/2 to 3 hours of uninterrupted stitchy time while I listened (I was the only one sewing but that didn't stop me...I was sitting at the back and the chair next to me was vacant so I had a "table" as well - he he he)...so...

A bit of this...

the vegie patch is growing...one of the two stitcheries for the August block for the A Gardener's Journal Stitch-A-Long.

And seeing the light of day again...a couple of my Karen Cunningham quilts in progress from Summer School in Wodonga...

From 2009...a bit of this...



the centre of Yorkshire Dales...don't get too excited it was only a little bit, all except one diamond and the three circley shapes (technical term there, circley shapes) were already appliqued on...and one of the circley shapes still isn't *LOL*


Today a very pleasant day was had at the VicQuilters Winter Gathering & AGM held in the Box Hill Town Hall, a lovely art deco building.  Very relaxing it was to sit with good company, listen to an interesting speaker and look at her beautiful quilts and stitch on...


from 2010...



some more towards the hexagon centre medallion for Bum'bel-bee.  Again, don't get too excited...not only were the hexagons already tacked over the papers but both hexagon diamonds were already in the throes of construction and the green one...the little seams? well, they aren't all stitched together.


As you can see I'm back to my usual slow, distracted, jumping all over the place and getting nowhere fast self so GF Ms K can I please be readmitted to the non-achievers table? Ha ha ha, as if I'd ever make it across to the room to the over achievers for more than 10 seconds (or want to for that matter!)...


Happy Stitching...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you have achieved plenty . Plenty more than me !