Tuesday 15 January 2019

Quilt Show Road Trip...Warrnambool...

On Saturday the car was piled into and a road trip was taken to Warrnambool to visit the Southern Right Creative Festival quilt show.  Wow, so worth the drive....Well, the drive isn't actually that long, less than 150kms due-ish south..so many quilts and a fabulous display by the camera club as well. We also saw quite a number of our fellow quilt group members too.  I took lots of quilt photos but when I asked if we could take photos I forgot to ask about posting on-line so I'll not do that but to get a sense of the room Linda @ Gum Valley Patchwork was one of the shops that lined the walls and her post gives an idea and also the challenge for the 2021 show.  The show is a Rotary event from what I understand and anyone can put in to enter quilts and enter the challenge, it isn't a Group members event and a few of our members had quilts hanging which was fun to actually know some makers.

After our planned trip to Spotlight following the quilt viewing I decided I wanted to see the beach...and I was driving so I got my wish...an ice cream and a walk along the breakwater by she who knew Warrnambool best was a great idea.

Of course before going home we needed coffee so back into town and while walking from the car to the cafe I saw these little fellows chalked onto the footpath...
and across the road watching over proceedings...
A good day out and definitely a show to put back on the calendar...

Slightly longer road trip over the past two days - arrived in Blackheath, NSW this afternoon...Summer School time...yay!!!! Tomorrow the fun begins!

Happy Stitching...


2 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Sounds great and love the art work and cute sculpture. Enjoy the summer school xx

Elyte said...

Saw some photos of the show on another blog and was inspired by what I saw.
Have fun at Summer School.