Sunday 4 July 2021

Kalamazoo...

I found this post languishing in drafts from 2015...yes folks, six years biding its time in drafts...Kalamzaoo...a Quilt As You Go by Michelle Marvig...

It had progressed from this to having its sashing strips sewn on and applique shapes vlisofixed down but that is where it had been left...and forgotten about.
 
A few weeks ago I quite randomly unearthed the quilt in the bottom of a tub on a Saturday night and left it out in the light determined that I should just get it done...the next morning my darling friend A texted me to say she was remembering us talking about this quilt years ago and was returning to hers...and I laughed and replied look what I found last night!!!!!

Nothing else for it, the Universe was telling me it had to be finished.  I sucked up the courage to do the applique on the machine (definitely not my best skill - let's face it I generally suck at machine applique) and after a little consultation with another friend for back-up went for it...and...


It. Is. Done.

Absolutely nothing near perfect or even worthy of being viewed from any closer than two kilometres down the road on a foggy day but done it is and it will do a job as a knock-about quilt.

And...it's out of the tub!

Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

you quilt looks great from here......lovely bright colours......
great to have it finished........

Janice said...

It looks great from where I am down the road. And you know what? Because it isn’t precious, it will probably get used lots. Win, win......as well as a tub you can now put something else in.

Andrea said...

Having a good giggle to myself about the serendipity of us both working on ours at the same time. I still need to add the applique and bind mine. I do LOVE yours - so funky and quite modern looking.