Saturday 26 April 2014

With So Many UFOs...Start Something New!...

The Small Quilt Talk (Kathleen Tracy's yahoo group) challenge for the month of April comes from Kathy's "Remembering Adelia" book.

So far I've managed to get the centre together...
Those three seemingly random pieces of fabric hanging off the sides were auditioning for the part of the border.  The red (at the top) has won the role.  Why the stripes? Because I have bolts of those three fabrics (seriously, not exaggerating for once, I bought bolt ends when I needed borders for the quilt the fabrics were originally used in) and not enough left of any of the others to make borders from, plus I need the bigger pieces of those other fabrics to make the element I was most excited about - prairie points, something that has been on my "get around to" list for a long time. This range is old, its the original Rocky Mountains Quilt Museum range by Judy Rothermel (well most of it, I didn't have pieces of all of it left).

It won't be finished today though because I'm off to play annual Bus Trip with the Monday group I used to be able to go to. We aren't venturing too far this time, just up the road to Bendigo/Maldon/Castlemaine, so all our day won't be taken up with travelling leaving more time for shopping! Wahoo!!!!

Happy Stitching...

10 comments:

Christine M said...

Your quilt top is lovely Annette. I like the fabric you have chosen for the border. Have fun on the bus today!

marina said...

that's sthe spirit! and a gorgeous little quilt it is too.
Enjoy your road trip and hope you have plenty of retail therapy!

Fiona said...

lovely quilt top.... I love stripes on quilts...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

It is lovely Annette. Lucky you! I wish I was a stow away on your bus....loved those towns!!! Silly to tell you to have fun xx

Mistea said...

Happy fabric foraging in the neighbourhood.
Cute little quilt in the making. Looks like you made a good start. Nice red stripes.

Chookyblue...... said...

looks good so far..........hope you have a nice day out...........

Grit said...

Looks great so far.

Anonymous said...

lovely work Annette and have fun today on your bus trip.xx

elliek said...

Was a good bus trip wasn't it? Love the quilt.

Shay said...

Im loving this sweet little start to a top and the proposed border.

How badly did you dent your bank account?