Monday 19 August 2013

Red, Purple, Circles...add Stripes..

Take drunkards path templates, some red and purple fabrics and a monogram stitchery (from Michelle Ridgeway's lovely alphabet patterns) add a rectangular cushion insert and what do you end up with?..
It has been sitting finished for a couple of weeks and if it didn't have an initial on it that has no point in my house I don't know that it would have made it to being delivered to its intended birthday present recipient because I have to say I quite like the finished product and red/purple aren't even "my" colours.

I even almost stitched Michelle's monogram design as she drew it...
I did say almost...in the design the running stitch is on the inside of the letter but it sort of moved and ended up around the circle...I had fun playing with the drunkards path shapes and I really like the rectangular cushion rather than the regular square shape. I used parlan to stablise the pieced top and give a bit of body before doing the stitchery - the stabiliser I usually use for stitcheries being too fine and not wanting the bulk of batting so parlan was perfect.

Finally delivered yesterday only 2 1/2 months late - but hey, managed it before Christmas so that has to count! - I can update my OPAM page and sidebar too, a finish to count for August...

And the stripes? Well I came home with these...
warm and toasty toes...lucky toes!!!

Happy Stitching...


8 comments:

Mistea said...

Cosy toes perfect for a cool Monday morning.
Lovely colours on the pillow. Nice work.

Susan said...

I like Drunkards Path too, and you have done a great job using it on the cushion. Need those cosy socks at the moment.

Anonymous said...

so gorgeous Annette you have done so well,the colours are amazing together and those socks look so warm,have a wonderful week my friend.xx

Noela said...

Definitely love your colour combination on the cushion and your little stitchery too. Hugs.....

Shay said...

Those socks are fabulous! And made by the chief sock maker too. Who's a lucky girl then?

Love what you've done with the cushion . I bet T loved it. Your playing with the stitchery looks wonderful too.

Maria said...

Love that cushion...the same colours the 'Red Hat ladies' wear :-) Michelle's initial stitchery designs are just so stylish and it looks wonderful in the centre of the cushion...very clever! Those socks look very cosy.

Anthea said...

Oh I could do with those socks Annette - much more stylish than my thermal sock liners & womens Explorers over the top !!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely Annette...glad you are putting your spin on my letters...love it. Those are some lucky tootsies.