Monday 31 December 2012

As Midnight Draws Closer...

And as the last hours of 2012 wind down...there is absolutely no doubt about it...even if I cheated and used extra Northern Hemisphere hours (which I can't anyway as I have to spend a lot of those hours at work tomorrow so no stitching going on)...I'm not going to have my Stitch-A-Long Some Kind of Wonderful quilt top anywhere near finished...so I'll be continuing on with the quilt top from the SAL sidelines as midnight tonight was the final extension granted...so where am I up to?


I don't think I posted the suitcase and bird blocks even though they were finished a while back...I changed the locations on the suitcase labels to places I've actually been to...that makes all the blocks for rows 1, 2 and 5...the house would be finished if I hadn't gone and done renovations...just like the real thing they are taking way longer than anticipated!...the shutters are still being installed...

The rest of the blocks for rows 4 and 5 are in various states of appliqué/stitchery almost done to oh draft I forgot to back baste yet...I'll just keep on stitching away on those as time and motivation levels permit...the various squares and rectangles that make up the background of the quilt top are all cut out ready to assemble once the blocks are finally sorted...

Happy Stitching and a Happy and Stitchy 2013 to Everyone...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous blocks Annette this will look fantastic when finiahed.xx

Mistea said...

Enjoy working on the sidelines.
These blocks are looking lovely and colourful.

May 2013 be full of gorgeous stitchy goodness.

Chookyblue...... said...

keep going Annette......don't give up.........maybe while your relaxing today on New Years Day you can start...........

Fiona said...

each bit of work gets you closer tot he finish... I just love how this is looking...
Hugz

marina said...

don't worry about missing the deadline, just keep at it and keep up the enjoyment of making it.
here's to a stitchy 2013!

Melody said...

Your quilt is going to be wonderful. Hope 2013 brings you much happiness and we get the chance to catch up soon

Maria said...

It's looking good! Sometimes life gets in the way of deadlines but eventually you'll be finished and feel so exhilarated :-)

Narelle said...

Keep up the good progess...you'll get there.
I look forward to seening your finished quilt :)
Happy New Year

Anthea said...

Annette, just keep plugging away & be happy with it, we will keep cheering for you. The most important thing is to do what you can, don't rush it to meet a timeline.
x

Sisbabestitches said...

Your blocks are looking wonderful, and you are still going, so well done you. Enjoy it, no fun making something just to meet a deadline :)

Cheryl said...

You'll get it done.....love the blocks!

Kerry said...

Slowly, slowly, you'll get there. Will be great to see this quilt as a top.

Grethe said...

Your SKoW has great colors, Good luck with it,Annette! Hope you will have a nice Q- year in 2013 :))