Monday 12 December 2011

Two for One...

Two finishes for one day that is...

Yes, in an amazing, probably never to be repeated, feat of quilting, I have today put the final stitches in not one, but two, count 'em two!, UFO's...cue wild applause!!!!!...I took these two numbers to Monday group this morning with their bindings ready to be turned over, clipped and stitched and came home with both done!! Miracle on East Street! (venue where Monday group is held is on East Street).
First past the post (well we do use a room at the local racecourse!) was this little number...
Garden Girls Quilt
 ...which yesterday morning was still in the basted waiting patiently for something to happen state it had been in for, oh I don't know how long...pretty sure it was a completed top before I stopped working in the City because I worked the stitcheries via V/Line each day and it is now 5 1/4 years since I stopped playing that madness....

I just love these girlies...a set of Candlelight Creations stitchery designs...love the fabrics too.  This is destined to be a table cloth/topper/centre...something to do with being used on a table...

Next past the post was this...
The Chook Quilt
...my very first ever machine pieced quilt top (I was "trained" in patchwork in the 80's when sewing machines were not ever to be put near patchwork fabric and it was all templates, scissors and hand piecing, hand everything really)...a post and rail made in a class at Threadbear, Castlemaine, forever ago...using my Janome which didn't have a quarter inch foot (well who knew they existed!) so no bones about it, the piecing ain't perfect, seams don't necessarily line up...this is called the "Chook Quilt" because, although not immediately apparent, the fabrics are all chook related - chooky words, chook feet, chicken wire, etc...this has languished for so long I can't even remember, waiting for the border to be quilted, just the border, the centre was cross-hatched millenia ago.  Yesterday I gave in and just quilted straight lines and declared it done!  Destined to live with the picnic stuff for trips in the car for using on the tables or car bonnet at laybays when Jindi and I stop for a cuppa (well not to put the kettle boiling apparatus on of course as that wouldn't be a good look for a firefighter, setting fire to a quilt!...but the cuppa and snack).

Hope the quilting miracle faeries are visiting at your place too...

Happy Stitching.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am very impressed Annette,well done on 2 lovely finished projects.

Kris said...

You are impressive AND kind. Thank you for wishing the quilting miracle faeries to my house! Both quilts are just lovely.

Fiona said...

Great finishes... I'm impressed with your two in one day!!
Hugz

Mistea said...

Just amazing the things that come out of the darkness in that sewing room of yours.
Gorgeous girls and perfect Chook Quilt.
Enjoy some more stitching time and more finishes too.

Nicky said...

You go girl - two in one day is a mighty effort, well done! Would be a one time only deal for me too........... your quilts are lovely, it's always nice to finish something that's been waiting in the wings for a long time.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Two in a day would make me jump for joy!

Grethe said...

You have made a super button me up bag!I too have kept the magazine since 2003! Lovely 2 finishes:-)Sweet garden girls;you must be pleased. Happy pre-x-mas time!

rosie said...

I am so impressed with all that you have been doing since I last visited Annette.. You are so putting me to shame!!
Hope you have a lovely Christmas..xx

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Annette, Thanksyou very much for making a block on TTs Quilt.
I am totaly blown away by all the lovely ladies that made a block.
Abbey is doing well
Thanks
Andrea