Tuesday 1 November 2011

Decisions, Decisions...Finally...Fabric!...


I've been trying to decide which fabrics to use for the next Stitch-a-Long, Some Kind of Wonderful by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched.  Two bundles of fabric have been living with the book trying to inspire me what to use...
Itsy Bitsy by Renee Nanneman of Need'l Love for Andover Fabrics
Where the Wind Blows by Melanie Hurlston of Melly & Me for Creative Abundance...
the decision is both...generally Itsy Bitsy for the backgrounds/cream/beige prints...Where the Wind Blows for the applique...of course bits and bobs may interchange along the way...Itsy Bitsy has resided in the sewing room for quite some time as have a couple of pieces of Against the Wind...you may recall in August when I went to Urban Stitches I was coerced into buying the bundle of Against the Wind...OK not so much coerced as when I asked my so called friends not to let me buy it even though it was on special and a great bargain, they all rebelled and convinced me that I needed it!...apparently I did...for this quilt!!!  I've a couple of Cosmo Seasons variegated threads in the floss stash which I'm thinking just may be right for the stitchery/embroidery.

Now to wash the WTHB bundle....and copy the block pages from the book so it is easier to trace and create applique templates...I'll get around to starting the actual stitching one of these days...*LOL*

Happy stitching...

7 comments:

Fiona said...

Lovely, lovely..... the fabrics are super...
Happy washing/copying/tracing/templating... the prep work always takes time...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

lol,Rosie was a bad influence on you,lol,love the blow with wind ones and you are making an early start,good on you.

rosie said...

Can't wait to see how all your quilts turn out... There are some lovely blocks around already..

Kerry said...

Food choices on the fabrics, perfect!
We knew you needed that bundle, it was calling your name big time.

Mistea said...

Have fun making some Wonderful - those fabrics sure are pretty.

Grethe said...

Good decision of fabrics;your SkoW will look wonderful :-) Looking forward to be reading you posts, Good Luck,Annette!

Stina Blomgren said...

I hear you.. its the toughest part in beginning a quilt.. to chose!!! :O)
It will look wonderful.. I have bought the book... but dont even come close to think ....YET..;O)