Sunday 1 May 2011

A Fortnight's Progress...

My plan was to note each week Sunday to Sunday on progress of the projects pinned to the design board...the first week I started the plan on a Wednesday so that one was short...Wednesday to Sunday...now I went and made the second week a fortnight!  Jindi & I went camping for Easter up the Kiewa River and came home on Monday so I figured, well, Sunday had come and gone so I might as well just keep on going until today...maybe this coming week I can get the actual plan up and running...

So, here is what the design wall looked like two Sundays ago...



Lullaby for applique; Just Darling panels to become?; 'Tis The Season Chilly Penquins stitchery; Happy Pails stitcheries waiting for pails; Bumb'le Bee medallion waiting for sashing hexies...very concerned about my fabric choices for those diamonds, this could be a disaster in the making...

And now, here is what it looks like this morning...
 Progress on each project...

Lullaby: hard to tell but applique pieces have been ironed and pinned and some have even been stitched down...

Just Darling Bucket Bag: completed!

'Tis the Season:  Angel stitchery completed, Elf stitchery started, Chilly Penguins was supposed to be stitched after Angel but I forgot to take it up to the river and started Elf instead...oops, a little detour along the Stitch-A-Long road but easily rectified...Elf is a June stitchery so I just figure I'm a bit ahead for June and I have all of May to get Chilly Penguins stitched...

Happy Pails: second stitchery stitched...there are actually three in the Sugar, Spice and All Things Nice set but the All Things Nice stitchery isn't speaking to me so I'm reducing the set of three to a pair...

Bumb'le Bee: now loving the whole look as the pink sashing hexies have pulled it all together, it matches the picture in my head when I first set out on this bright scrappy journey...there are still "internal" seams to stitch before sashing the whole medallion with a round of pink hexies and attaching it to the background fabric.  On a happy note while showing a friend the pattern etc in the project box yesterday I discovered I have already cut the background square...got to be happy about that!

So that is this week's fortnight's progress...now to decide what will be on the board for the coming week...

Happy Stitching...

4 comments:

Mistea said...

Good progress - Cute little bucket. Look forward to seeing your pails.

Anonymous said...

well done Annette you are zooming along

Grethe said...

Love your design board,I must make a big one! Great to see a fortnites progress. Love the hexagons,it is great how they shape. Happy Stitching to you Annette:-)

Narelle said...

Excellent progress! :)