Monday 27 December 2010

A December Finish for OPAM...

Now that Christmas is done and the presents are distributed (almost) I can reveal finishes for December...the Pure range by Moda table mat...


...(sorry about the totally crappy photo...it was a quick snap with the phone to send a "yay done" MMS and then about 30kms into the 70km trip down to the recipient's house I remembered I had wrapped and not taken a proper photo -phooey! - I didn't have the camera with me to do anything about it either, so this has to do...I also forget to measure it so that I knew the dimensions for future reference...all in all I failed miserably in the follow-up department...oh well...
 
I continually over-thought the quilting portion of the exercise and finally just went simple with a 1" straight line grid and a couple of straight lines around the border...worked just fine...the binding used up the third cut of the charm pack (well, almost, I do have some rectangles left that are joining their friends in the scrap box)...I like scrappy bindings...

So another finish for OPAM....the list just grew a whole lot longer for December as I can now add my presents to Marica in the Chookyblue SCCS swap as well...the month isn't over yet so it may get a little longer yet...

The wind is howling outside and it is non too warm to boot so outside garden work has been once again put on hold, darn shame, may just have to retire to the sewing room for the afternoon...*vbg*

Happy Stitching...

1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

Enjoy your sewing - I love it when Mother Nature deals me a trump card by having it pouring rain so that I "have" to crochet inside LOL

I hope you had a peaceful Christmas. I'm planning on observing Christmas all the way through the "12 Days of Christmas" to the Epiphany (Holy Three Kings Day) on Dec. 6th before I even consider my Christmas over...but then, I'm a huge Christmas lover and have been know to leave my tree up for longer than what is "socially" acceptable, but since I live alone (and Gizzy doesn't mind) I'm not concerned.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful week and a very happy and healthy New Year :-)