Thursday 7 October 2010

Books, Books, Books...

I know, I've been a bit quiet on the bloggy front the last couple of weeks...much non-sewing rubbish clogging up my head...there's been a bit of progress on the Leanne's House project from Immerse Yourself and a bit of progress on the Cinderberry Stitches project from Inspired Stitches but nothing of consequence...so here's some catch-up I prepared earlier...

Parcel guy came by and delivered books I'd ordered from The Book Depository and eBay...


"Quilting Makes the Quilt" by Lee Cleeland and "Applique 12 Easy Ways" by Elly Sienkiewicz., great technique/reference books...both second hand finds on eBay and both in absolutely perfect condition...seriously, I've seen "new" books in shops that were more "used"...my first and second eBay purchases EVER, both from the same Vendor in Alabama, USA...and "It's Quilting Cats & Dogs" by Lynette Anderson which I immediately coveted once seen on an overseas friend's blog...it's got dogs how could I not want it...and again, not disappointed...fantastic quality both in content and quality...my expectations were definitely exceeded...gotta love books *VBG*

And these to keep me on track next year...


I couldn't decide which size I wanted so I went with both, one for the desk and one for the bag...gorgeous eye candy...I was hoping that maybe the pictures might be different in each one but no, they are the same...no mind, they are wonderful and I can pretend I was at the V&A when the Textiles Exhibition was open...unlike when I was actually there and that section was closed!...

The first quilty happening is already in...Summer School 2011 in January...wahoo! we are excited already...

Happy Stitching...

No comments: