Sunday 10 December 2023

Snail...

Finally, after many months of it patiently sitting on the sewing table waiting, the gorgeous snail pincushion gifted from the lovely Sylvia at Baradine this year has a log to sit on...
A piece of dead apple tree branch, which has been hanging about indoors for a while so it was nice and dry...a bit of a sand to tidy up the scraps of bark etc...a couple of coats of clear varnish...and...ready for the hot glue gun...sits up nicely and fits perfectly into the little nook that is part of what was the fireplace in the sewing room...

I just love it and it reminds me of Sylvia which makes me smile...

Happy Stitching...

7 comments:

Lin said...

So cute and the plinth is perfect for it. xx

kiwikid said...

Perfect spot for it - looks wonderful.

Jo said...

Doesn’t it look so cute. You have done well with the branch. Love it.

loulee said...

He looks great sat on his log.

ShinyNewThing said...

Happy new year to you too! Sharon

Chookyblue...... said...

I must get mine sorted on a pic of wood........looks great.....

dq said...

Mine reminds me of her too. It is fun to have it watch over me while I sew.