Monday 8 May 2023

Ta Dah!...Scrub Stitchin' 2023 Drawstring Bag...

I started the embroidery for the drawstring bag kit that was in our goody bag at Scrub Stitchin' while I was there...
This was starting off...I did get all the words stitched before the early exit.
 
It didn't get any further until I was back home because, well, sick with the plague, when I slowly slowly did a few extra bits and then while zooming for what ended up being the day with Chooky and Chookshed Stitcher friends Saturday week ago I finished the applique/stitchery panel..
This last Saturday I made a start on preparing the rest of the kit and slowly slowly over the course of the day (because still sooooooo tired...it definitely would not normally take an entire day to put together)...ta dah! the finished bag...
  
 
It's very cute I must say and surprisingly roomy...and very soft and light because it has no interfacing or batting...I think it lends itself to also being made with a bit more structure (interfacing/batting and a template plastic base) so potentially options...this is one pattern I feel might get at least a second outing sometime in the future (with a change to the Scrub Stitchin' words)...I like it a lot...

Happy Stitching...

8 comments:

dq said...

No way! Look at you! I haven't even traced my embroidery yet! I have to remember to change the "stitching" to "stitchin' " when I do mine.

Fiona said...

Lovely bag....
Hugz

Lin said...

I love this bag and good to see the back as well as the fabric is gorgeous. xx

ButterZ said...

Well done. I’m with Deana, I haven’t even looked at the kit since being home.

loulee said...

Go you, I didn't get beyond looking yet. Hmmm, might dig out some batting off cuts when I get to it.

Andrea said...

Bummer about getting sick - but your stitching and the resulting bag are gorgeous!

Chookyblue...... said...

So pleased you like the bag...... It's very cute.... Anni said it fitted quite a bit in.... Must be a record finish?..

kiwikid said...

I am with Deana and Jo, my pattern/kit has not seen the light of day since coming home!! Beautiful bag