Friday 15 May 2020

TQWNICR ... A Finish ...

It's taken me a bit of looking to find which year of Summer School this quilt came from but I've found it - Summer School 2012 ... have to admit I have enjoyed reading those old posts.  Also found the post from when it became a finished top...the same year! It was sandwiched and has hung over the hand quilting frame with a couple of lines of quilting done here and there ever since ... I guess I just became so used to it being there I hadn't realised just how long it had been.  In about February this year I picked it up to do a line of quilting and so enjoyed doing the hand quilting I left it on the couch and did a row here and there (between going to work and getting study modules lodged there aren't a lot of stitchy hours) and last weekend the final stitches were put in the binding!  Now those aren't words I type very often...final stitches put in the binding!!!

So to prove that Summer School Quilts can get finished...Tah Dah!... TQWNICR - The Quilt Whose Name I Can't Remember...
Hand quilted with a Valdani pink/green variegated embroidery floss that were just the right shades that I bought from the lovely Michelle from The Raspberry Rabbits all those years ago.

It still needs to have take a dip in the bath, hopefully the weather will co-operate this weekend.

Happy Stitching...


2 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

It's beautiful! I am hand quilting at the moment!

Chookyblue...... said...

Congrats on the finish it's lovely...... Is that the year you can to see me after....