Friday 19 April 2019

Australia Day Holiday Trekking...Wimmera Outdoor Art...

Well this post has languished for only, um, nearly three months, I'd forgotten all about it... 
*******************************************************************************
Monday was the gazetted public holiday for Australia Day and my last day of two weeks of annual leave.  Mistea is staying as she house-sat and minded Jindi while I went to Summer School.  As it wasn't forecast to be as stupidly hot as it has been and Mistea hadn't seen any of the (Wimmera) silo art trail I came up with the idea to go for an afternoon drive and check out some outdoor art.  First stop was Stawell, OK so only 1/2 hour up the road and one I often see but I wanted to include a picture because I think it is so well done...
Another building mural at Rupanyup...
Painted by street artist Georgia Goodie in 2017 as tribute to the local CFA. The building is the ex-Shire office now used by the community for business and community activities.  I missed the sign for the silos at Rupanyup, so next time for that one.

Next were the silos at Sheep Hills...
The silos were built in 1938 and painted by Melbourne artist Adnate in late 2016. The portraits are of Wergaia Elder - Uncle Ron Marks, Wotjobaluk Elder - Aunty Regina Hood and children Savannah Marks and Curtly MacDonald.

Last stop was Brim...I'd visited the Brim site in 2016 but always worth another viewing...

If only I'd thought of this for Sunday we could have set off earlier in the day and also visited the Stick Shed at Murtoa - another time for that one as well. (*Edit, the stick shed is now open more often than the 1st Sunday of the month.)

A pleasant afternoon before going back to work...

Happy Stitching...

4 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great pics. I love the silo art and think it's wonderful. Have seen the ones at Brim and Patchwollock xx

Jo said...

Always good seeing the silos.. good to see you on again.. Jo. New email!!!

Elyte said...

Thanks for sharing all the photos.
Enjoyed seeing all the outdoor art.

Chookyblue...... said...

Great seeing art on a big scale .. .