Sunday 20 January 2019

Summer School 2019...

Summer School has come and gone for another year...five days of fun and friendship...stitching, talking and learning...Wednesday and Thursday were spent in Karen Cunningham's workshop starting her quilt "Alice"...
Friday was sit and sew and I worked on a component of a very very old quilt project of Karen's quilt "Bumble Bee", which out of context of the whole makes no sense, so, no pics of that progress...

This year Karen had a guest tutor in Judy Newman...she had let us know last year that she was planning to have Judy come along...I didn't want to make Judy's quilt but I was keen to have the experience of taking her class...her quilt was a two block (repeated) design and I was happy to just make a block and leave it at that - and to my great relief Judy didn't take exception and was happy for me to do just that...she is a lovely lovely lady and a great tutor, I came away with learning of her techniques and tips and that was my aim so mission accomplished...the block was finished too!...
The quilt is County Clare and the other block has a shamrock applique but I've decided I don't want to make that one.

Happy Stitching...

6 comments:

Jo said...

So a happy weekend now back to work

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a wonderful time. Love the block. So many beautiful quilts out There to make and good you got to learn some new techniques without feeling pressured xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Annette such a pretty block glad you enjoyed Judy's class,summer school sounds like a lot of fun hope you have a lovely day my friend,it's going to be another hot one xx

elliek said...

Lovely block... sometimes that's all you want to do so nice that you could. Glad you had a good time away.

Elyte said...

I saw some posts of the Summer School and it looked fabulous. So much inspiration.
Lucky, lucky you.
I have done a few classes with Judy and I think she is wonderful.
Learnt a few good short cuts from her.
I have two of her quilts on the go. I should finish one.
I did make a pillow with her County Clare block.

Christine M said...

Your blocks look great, Annette. How lovely to spend 5 days stitching with friends.