Saturday 19 September 2015

Spinning Log Cabin...

A "finish" last Sunday the spinning log cabin block from the quilt group workshop in August...
I am so not in any kind of like with the blah colour combo (the fabrics/colours chosen by the tutor - brown is hardly a colour to pop against a beige background in my view but what would I know!) but it was about the technique so I sucked it up.

Done now except for removing the paper and giving it a good press which will no doubt be an improvement....and no...there aren't any more of this block lurking in my future...done one now, moving on...there may be something I need to re-make next year which can use up an orphan block so if that comes to pass then I might use the block on that.

OK, a new weekend...the sun is actually shining and the sky is blue not grey...hope the sun is shining in your world...

Happy Stitching...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the block, maybe teach me how to do it one day soon.

Sisbabestitches said...

It's a great technique and makes a really effective looking block :) I think the colour issues for me stem from the block having both warm and cold colours at once ;) I'm sure the block will make itself very useful at some stage for something :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh my goodness. Amazing block!

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette wow this block is amazing my friend,well done and i hope you have a wonderful weekend xx

Jo said...

So glad you got to finish the block though. Maybe you could use it in a new cutting board / ironing mat project workshop next year.....
It does look good though even if they are not your colours.

marina said...

great block, looks like a lot of work!
I love the colours, think they look great.
Are you sure you don't want a quilt of these blocks?
enjoy your weekend!

elliek said...

Well done on finishing the block. I like it but I know what you mean.. brown not my fave colour either.