Sunday 22 April 2012

I'd Like...

...to show the candle mat I finished...but I can't...and I'd like to show the framed stitchery I finished...but nope can't show that either...secrets for a swap...

I can show kitchen towels made from hand towels picked up during Safeway (Woolworths for non-Victorians) grocery shopping and curtain fabric samples brought home from work (yay for chuck out pile!)...happy kitchen now has clean new hand towels...


Friday night I journeyed to Threadbear in Castlemaine for 6-Midnight and took P-faff for an outing, using the night to sandwich and quilt a small finished top into a table mat...I couldn't find anything in the fabric emporium that would do for binding so shopping for suitable was the first task of the evening.  I managed to get all the quilting done and the binding stitched on ready to handstitch before I called it a night.

The stitchery in the centre is an Ella & Skysie pattern, the rest I just made up...nothing flash or overly creative going on mind you, just 5" (finished) squares stitched together and quilted in straight lines but it did the trick.

Started over Easter (and finished the following weekend) this jigsaw...1,000 pieces and measuring 30cm x 42cm (12" x 14") finished...of course the drawcard was the quilty details...



Happy Stitching...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love puzzles, especially the 1000 piece size. This one is great!

Shay said...

Hooray for re-purposing! Your kitchen towels look great.

A jigsaw puzzle that big would NEVER get finished here . Im kind of hopeless at them and since I work with little people Im used to doing 6 piece ones!

Fiona said...

one can never have enough kitchen towels... I love the flaps that you can button over..... and such a pretty stitchery on your quilt ... great jigsaw.... such tiny pieces and detail...
Hugz

marina said...

very nice handtowels.
Lovely table mat finish too.
Great jigsaw finish too. The quilts are a drawcard definitely.

Grethe said...

Oh,what a jigsaw,must be lovely when framed and up on the wall!! Sweet stitchery and fabrics with cups and saucers as well:-)