Monday 29 April 2024

Off to Scrub Stitchin'...Monday...

I set off for Scrub Stitchin' on Monday, to give myself two overnight stays and a bit of roaming about on the way, before heading to Baradine for Scrub Stitchin' on the Wednesday...
 
I had a few things to do before I set off but finally just before 11:00 am I got on the road...first stop was the painted silos at Colbinabbin.  So well done, the reserve is immaculate with good parking and great information boards to compliment the murals...
A short hop along to the next stop at Rochester...a visit to the quilt shop was obligatory before a short walk across the railway line to the painted silo...lovely local fauna and bird life...
On the back wall of the bakery, which the railway line runs behind, is a witchy mural...
I had a few things to do that could be ticked off in Echuca so I added a stop in at South Fabrics to the list...well, it would be wrong to skip a patchwork shop! ha ha ha...I averted my eyes from the temptation of the walls of fabric bolts and concentrated on what I was actually looking for - how restrained!...

The haul from two patchwork shops was small but made me happy...
From Quilting Patch at Rochester shop the pattern and fabric - I have a few of Sonya's mandala patterns (the platypus one is in progress) so I couldn't resist adding the echidna to the collection - and the bonus was seeing the samples in the shop and being kindly allowed to take pics of the detail, I just love these patterns...the fabric is just pretty and refused to be left behind.  South Fabrics I thought would be the obvious choice to find a 6" drunkards path acrylic template and I wasn't wrong, except that I read it upside down as 9" so picked up the 5" as well figuring one of the sizes would do the job I wanted...it was only a couple of days ago that I realised it is the 6" after all...good thing I didn't find another one on my travels!

I finally managed to cross the river into NSW but by then it was after 2:00 pm and time was marching on and I had to get to Hillston for my motel booking so I skipped stopping anywhere else along the way, except for getting fuel at Hay. I had planned to take the Lachlan Valley Highway through Booligal, as I hadn't gone that way before, but the road was closed between Hay and Booligal so that route is on the list for another day, maybe next year.

Happy Stitching...

8 comments:

dq said...

Fun little purchases along the way. I hope you enjoyed the retreat.

Lin said...

I always love seeing those silos, just amazing. Good to have so many quilt shops to visit. xx

ButterZ said...

You did have a fun sight seeing trip. Those silos are amazing. I also, recently visited South fabrics for the first time. It is a beautiful shop.

Narelle said...

Happy travels ... the silo art is amazing!

kiwikid said...

They are great silos aren't they. We managed to find them last year. Sounds like you had a good day looking here and there. Love the Sonya pattern - I have one here somewhere!!

loulee said...

Those silos are stunning.

Jenny said...

Amazing silo pictures. These are a great asset to small towns

Chookyblue...... said...

does that mean you can make twice as many drunkard path blocks????

the silos look great.......