Sunday 26 September 2021

Mug Handbag...

I have a couple of particular mugs that I take to sewing group/days but nothing to protect them from being chipped or broken in transit, as generally I just kept them in the cupboard and popped into my basket on the day...which also meant remembering to pack!
 
One now has its own wee handbag to live in so can stay in the basket and not be left behind. It's the perfect size for this particular mug, fits snugly and doesn't jiggle about. Not that it has travelled much since I made it a couple of months ago because of lock down cancellations but it has had a couple of outings. Just about everyone would have seen this mug bag pattern as I know lots of people whose mugs travel in this style...
I have that coffee mug fabric in two colourways, bought for something in the past and not used (whatever something even was!) and it seemed very apt for a mug bag...have to love it when the motivation hits to make a particular something and all the ingredients are already in the house just waiting to be used.

Happy Stitching...

5 comments:

marina said...

Very cute Mug purse, your mug will be the best dressed mug in town!
Great to chat yesterday

Christine M said...

Cute little mug bag. It was lovely catching up with you yesterday, even if it was through zoom. Hopefully one day we can catch up in person!

Chookyblue...... said...

It q great mug pattern I have not seen them but in rarely at a group to see what others have.....I do prefer my own mug......

Janice said...

Very cute. Oh for the day you can take it on an outing.

Maria said...

Lovely mug bag… love mine and use it all the time…