Sunday 4 July 2021

Flannel Chevron...

A few weeks ago when the weather started turning I couldn't find a flannel quilt that I knew should be ... somewhere! ... turned out it is, in the press at the K house so I left it there (it's even colder there most of the time) and decided I could just make another one for here.  The thing is though I don't have large pieces of flannel in the stash...while the flannel tub is not at all verging on the side of being any where near short of fabric it is pretty much all fat quarters and scraps.  I decided to do a chevron pattern but didn't have enough of any one fabric to use a constant background or constant main colour so mix and match it was...working with the one fabric I had enough of to use as a border...so pink and green it is...


Pieced a backing of fabrics in the tub that used up checks and tartans that I honestly probably wouldn't use in a top no matter how small the pieces were cut to hid the "ugly"...bonus of clearing those fabrics out of the tub...
 
Simple echo quilting following the chevrons and it is doing its job on couch.

Happy Stitching...

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

love the chevron......it will keep you nice and warm.....

Janice said...

Another quilt that looks great from here. The colours work well together and you still have lots of contrast in the zig zags. I bet it is nice and snuggly.