Monday 22 April 2019

Tea Cup quilt...

A project that has been on the go so long I think pre-dates blogging (as I can't find it on this blog and I'm too lazy to search the old Wordpress one)...my Tea Cups Quilt...a Crabapple Hill Studio design I did as a block of the month years ago through a shop in Sunbury.  I loved the stitcheries (and still do).  It has hung about for years as after I quilted and bound it I then decided to do more quilting on the border (leaves)...which never really eventuated, it just became a "one day" job with the quilt hanging over the hand quilting floor frame for years...well "one day" came on Friday when I decided that if I really wanted that extra quilting it would be done by now (and the few leaves I'd stitched were pretty craptastic) so the quick unpick came out to play and 10 minutes later (told you there wasn't much done) the few leaves were pruned and I called it done!
All it needs now is a wash on the weekend, happy to have it finished...

Happy Stitching...

5 comments:

Jo said...

You are on a roll. Keep cleaning out those UFOs.

Maria said...

Pretty Teacup Quilt.
Always great to finish an old UFO...

Michelle Ridgway said...

It's a lovely design. Sometimes finished is better than not. Well done!

Elyte said...

Great to finish some projects.
Looks like you had a busy Easter break sewing.

Fiona said...

woohoo.... sometimes those quicker jobs take us the longest to do... why is that??? I love those stitcheries too... I have done them too and mine are languishing as a quilt top waiting for sandwiching and quilting....
Love the pretty colours you have used.... lovely quilt

Hugz