Saturday 29 December 2018

More Secret Sewing - SQT Small Quilt Swap 2018


Found in drafts...from July!...time it was updated and posted...the first time ever it wasn't a positive swap experience from my side as disappointingly I didn't receive anything in return and so the post was left to languish in drafts...
***********************************************************************************************
I joined in again with the (was Yahoo Group now Groups.io) Small Quilt Talk annual Small Quilt Swap.  This is the wee quilt I sent...
(The day I finished it the sun was actually shinning and it wasn't raining
so I took it outside and pegged it on the yard fence)
Her interests included beach/water, outdoors/camping, travelling and music festivals so I tried to incorporate those with the little embroideries...she also liked scrappy and I love to play scrappy so that was fun...I didn't take a photo of the backing fabric but quite randomly in Spotlight I found a fabric that was printed with words relating to camping/the outdoors and woodland animals and that so fitted the bill...hand pieced and hand quilted with a variegated Auriful 28wt thread, I had planned big stitch quilting in 12wt thread but the big stitch look didn't do it for me so ditched that idea.

The whole package...
The quilt is about 18" square (I think maybe 18 1/2" - anyway somewhere in that vicinity)...

Happy Stitching...

1 comment:

sue bennett said...

So sorry I let this slip thru the cracks so to speak. But July I had a grand daughter born not breathing, Which they had to do a lot of work with her, a death in July, a death in September and went into kidney failure in October from a drug that was prescribed. Lana did tell me she was almost finished and was going to get your quilt in the mail. I will get this corrected as soon as possible. I am so sorry once again.