Monday 9 July 2018

Flourish Class...

A couple of weeks ago I played at this year's workshop put on by Stawell Craft Shop...love these workshops. I missed out last year as I was so sick with flu I couldn't get out of bed (literally) and I was determined not to miss out again.

This year the technique was English Paper Piecing with Sharon from Lilabelle Lane Creations, who took a block from her Flourish quilt to give us a cushion version for the day...on the day I got this far...
which for me is achievement in a class...I love how it looks like a starfish...all the centres were looking fabulous on the day. I've seen my friend M's finished block - in French Generals - and it looked so good, a bit of a kick along to keep the block from getting lost in the sewing room.  I've almost finished covering all the papers and really enjoyed fussing cutting the pieces.  It is a big block (something like 18") and I don't yet know whether it will become the cushion or something else but I'm sure it will tell me when the time comes.

It was such a great class, Sharon is so lovely and her quilts are gorgeous...in fact we all loved having class with her so much Mandy is having her back for next year - yay! looking forward to it already.

Edit since I wrote this post yesterday - progress!
 This is a fun block!

Happy Stitching...

6 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely! Glad you didn't have to miss out this time x

Maria said...

Ooh that is so lovely! Love the fabrics you used.

Fiona said...

Great fun to go and attend with Sharon. love your fussy cutting
Hugz

elliek said...

Be aware that EPP is very ADDICTIVE!!!!!. Love the block and the fussy cutting really looks wonderful

Anthea said...

Oh wow Annette, such a pretty block so far... & how good to go to a workshop that was so enjoyable! I agree, Sharon's designs are stunning, she is really creative & inspiring.
Keep going with it! x

Andrea said...

It's been a while since I've dropped by and I'm sure glad I did today - your blog posts are wonderful. Some truly beautiful sewing. xxx