Tuesday 1 May 2018

Small Hexie Garden Quilt...

Back here I posted about a little quilt of a garden of small hexie flowers...at that time that was the whole wee quilt...it grew...I looked at the original nine patch with a border square and thought...mmm, maybe another border...and it went from there...and became a challenge to myself to see how far I could get using just those two stacks of fat 16th's...
It measures 21 1/4" x 27" (it isn't actually wavey, it was folded over and I just pegged it straight up for the photo) with scrappy binding and using as much as possible of the balance of fabric as a pieced backing...only some of the small prints that can easily be blended in with other fabrics left in the scrap box...
I quilted it in the ditch a couple of months ago and have been wondering what else to do and have finally decided that will be nothing...leave it as it is and call it done.

Happy Stitching...

3 comments:

Fiona said...

What a lovely little double sided quilt..... sometimes less is more with quilting I think.... getting the shapes is all it needed
Hugz

Raewyn said...

What a gorgeous quilt... I like how it grew and grew...well done on using the bundles up.

elliek said...

I'm impressed! Well done , it's a cute little quilt.