Tuesday 7 June 2016

SQT Small Quilt Swap - Extra

Demi & I also chatted about extra goodies in the swap parcel and we were both of the same mind with that one as well...you've seen what Demi sent me as extras but what did I add to Demi's parcel?...I tried to include as much "Aussie" as I could...

A pincushion pattern of Karen Cunningham's using EPP hexies and squares immediately jumped to mind...I had just enough of a piece of "Melbourne" fabric to fussy cut the hexies...
the Arts Centre and trams on one side...
the Aussie flag on the other the other...
 
Demi had mentioned favourite colours including navy and brick red...red linen and an Ink & Spindle (a boutique screen printing team in Melbourne) fabric that has been waiting for years for its turn - perfect!

I had so much fun making the pincushion I stopped work on the quilt! Must make my own one...
Cottage Garden Threads, Darrel Lea lolly and a cute little magnet were wrapped in a fat quarter of fabric, there was a magazine too but it didn't make the photo shoot...I bought the magnet and fabric at Quilters Harvest in Warracknabeal and I got one of each for both of us so when I use the magnet and the fabric I will remember the swap, I think the fabric might go with the fabrics Demi sent me which would be great to use it all in the same project.

Anyway, I hope Demi enjoys the little extras...I had fun putting it together...

Happy Stitching...

 

5 comments:

Jo said...

Cute pin cushion and fabrics

Fiona said...

How gorgeous...
Hugz

Cheryl said...

Love the pincushion you made Annette for your swap - perfect fabric. And lots of other goodies also

Christine M said...

Great pin cushion, Annette. I'm sure Demi loved all her extras.

Maria said...

I read this when it was first posted but didn't leave a comment...the pincushion is stunning and what great fabrics you chose. Love all those extras too!