Saturday 27 June 2015

One...Two...Three...Swap!...

So I joined a swap...haven't done a swap outside of the SSCS for ages...this one is part of a yahoo group for Kathy Tracy's Small Quilt Talk...make your partner a small quilt...good-oh...how hard can that be...apparently, very!...first the agonising over fabrics and patterns...couldn't make a decision...then...light bulb!!!...

First epic fail...

Start something else...Second epic fail...

Time was a-ticking...

Third time lucky...went together without a hitch...final stitch in binding last Thursday night...entrusted to Aussie Post this yesterday afternoon for its trip across land and water...
What? where's the quilt...well, I can't show that yet can I...that would be telling if my lovely swap partner happens to stop by...these are the pieces resulting from the epic fails...
Ha ha ha
(definitely not taken today...no blue sky happening lately)

Happy Stitching...

14 comments:

Kerry said...

Well, if those are the fails, can't wait to see the actual quilt. I'm sure it will be stunning.

marina said...

beautiful selection of fabrics, I hope we will see the swapped mini very soon!
such pretty blocks in your fails pile. I hope you are going to salvage them?

Melody said...

Love your fabric choices

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette,oh i cant wait to see your mini quilt,love your fabric choices,hope you are enjoying your weekend my friend xx

barbara woods said...

love you fabric

diana569 said...

fails one and two???? they look great! I think you are way to hard on yourself! happy for that you found one that worked! :)

Maria said...

Ha ha! You sound just like me! The agonising about the 'what to do' and then the 'changes of plans', I can so relate to! Glad it all worked out and your swap buddy will be delighted I'm sure.

Susan said...

Deciding what to make is often the hardest part of a swap. The scraps look good, so I think your partner is in for a treat.

Shay said...

Whatever you made , Im sure it was gorgeous...

Cheryl said...

Glad it finally went together for you. Love those fabrics

Jo said...

So you got the mini finished. Good on you.
Are those Kookaburras laughing at you

Fiona said...

you got there in the end.... love the colours and looking forward to when you can show it to us...
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

loving the look of the epic fail so can't wait to see the good one.........

elliek said...

Third time lucky. I like the fails too so ..Hope to see the finished project soon.