Saturday 19 April 2014

Attempting to Resume Normal Transmission...

It's been a while since I've had the time/energy/motivation to do much else besides work, wobble head, sleep, rinse, repeat...my very own Groundhog Day without "I've Got You Babe" playing on the wireless alarm clock each morning (don't have a wireless clock so it just does the annoying buzzing thing, no singing)...every now and then the theme varied for a day or two but it didn't really stick for very long...there was a brief interlude when some stitching made it to the sewing room table...my friend E came to stay overnight about a month ago and furniture, machines, etc were pushed to the side to make enough space for the futon mattress so she had somewhere to sleep - took me two weeks to muster the will to roll it back up and reclaim the room. The weekend E was here 181 members from our CFA Group & District HQ were presented with the National Emergency Medal - Vic Fires 09 bar, so it was nice to have a visitor to share that afternoon with...
TAFE held Graduation...I wasn't going to go but my next door neighbour told me the Guest Speaker was really good (her son had his ceremony at a different campus a couple of weeks before) so I figured might as well go and pick up the piece of paper...or as it turned out the sheet that said along the lines of - if you haven't received your certificate please contact customer service!! Seriously??? Said Certificate turned up in the mail during the week with no effort on my part at all. The staff on stage who were making a show of giving the "right" folder to be presented were Oscar potential...they were all the same generic folder!!!!!!!!!!
 
The end of Daylight Savings (thank goodness, it went too long, I don't do still dark at 7.30 am very well when I am trying to get out the door to work sites) seems to have brought with it a return of some stitchy motivation.  For a while now I've had a print out of Blankets of Love information hanging on the design wall (which has more action as a pin board lately) to remind me that I wanted to make a quilt for the cause.  Last weekend I got to and had a fish through the stash box to find some bits with the result being...
a kind of I Spy top, quilted with simple diagonal lines finished 24 3/4" square (the instructions say around 24")...the binding is still pinned on the back, once it's stitched down I'll give it a bath and the way it feels it should wash up very cuddly.

There has been more stitchy stuff going on but as it seems the dam has broken on writing a blog post and I've started with a flood not a trickle that can be for another day...hope your Easter weekend has so far included stitchy goodness...

Happy Stitching...

10 comments:

Shay said...

Congratulations on (eventually ) getting your TAFE certificate . That's big news!

I hear you on the lack of motivation for blogging and sewing thing. It's been like that here for the last 6 weeks too.

Fiona said...

I have missed you.. what a lovely amusing post to break the dam with..... lovely little blanket of love too...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back my friend.xx

marina said...

wonderful to hear from you...I am sure you must have more to share.
congratulations on your cfa honour and tafe graduation. Busy, busy.
lovely blanket of love...
hope you won't leave it so long till your next post.

elliek said...

Congratulations on the award and certificate. Lovely blanket too.

Colleen said...

Happy Easter hope you are feeling ok xx

Christine M said...

Congratulations on both receiving your medal and TAFE certificate. Happy Easter Annette.

Kerry said...

Nice to see you're back in the saddle! Congrats on the awards, too.

Nicky said...

Congratulations.... Must be great to have said certificate in your hands at last! The I Spy look will be perfect for this great cause, it looks wonderful. Happy Easter!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Congrats and well done to you Annette. Lovely to have you back xx