Saturday 9 November 2013

Zebras and Giraffes...

...romping across fields of yellow and grey…
(Totally crappy weather not conducive to any kind of decent photo taking.)  A couple of days after baby arrived I casually asked the daddy what colours they had used for bubba's room and I was sooo happy when he said yellow and grey with animals wall art!!!! They went gender neutral not knowing in advance and I had bought the yellow feature fabric weeks ago which included grey zebra's and giraffes so their colour scheme played right into my hands...it looks blue in the photo but it is dark grey around the centre square and a white/dark grey-black pattern in the second border which will also be the binding.  When I first drew it up I was going to do a 6" centre square with one border but the fabric worked better with a 4" square so I added the second round…having an idea of how big it would be but not being entirely sure (the perils of making things up as you go along and also why I had to amend the outer border to be a bit narrower than originally planned - not enough fabric left but you get that, just redo the maths) I now know how much fabric I need and also what sort of fabric I want to use so it just has to wait now until I can get to a shop…but considering I started it Cup Day (Tuesday) afternoon and now it is a top I'm feeling a bit like I've achieved something this week…

OK, what else can capture my attention now that is done…

Hope you're having a stitchy weekend…

Happy Stitching...

11 comments:

Narelle said...

Great going and looking lovely ... the colours are great :)

Kerry said...

Lovely baby quilt, how lucky the parents chose "your" colour scheme!
A finish in less than a week???? Do you have a fever? LOL.

Anonymous said...

wow Annette this looks fantastic,lucky baby,well done.xx

Shay said...

Seriously fast work there Jindi's Mum and lovely to boot.

I've spent all weekend being distracted by shiny things...cant focus on one project !

Christine M said...

Lovely quilt Annette. I'm sure the recipient will love it.

Susan said...

That worked out well, I'm sure it's new owner will love it.

Mistea said...

Perfect project for grey rainy days. Love the bright happy colours. (And here I was thinking they were lovely shades of purple in your borders!)

Hope another bright happy project has come out to play.

Katherine said...

Looks fantastic and how great it was that you had the right fabrics too.

Nicky said...

Love it Annette, you've made a beaut job, nothing wrong with making it up as you go along!!

Anthea said...

The quilt is totally cute Annette, what a lucky baby to have it! x

Grethe said...

Lovely quilt, love the colour choice, happy go lucky baby :-)