Saturday 18 June 2011

June Friday Night Sew-In...

Last night was Friday Night Sew-In and for the first time in months I was all systems go with no calendar clashes or last minute interruptions. Preparations were undertaken...

* sewing room tidied, dusted & vacuumed ready for action - check!
* fabric washed and ready for the pinwheel project - check!
* essential nutrients at the ready (bowl of lollies) - check!
* projects lined up - check!
* Mac on hand for checking of blogs and general distraction inspiration - check!

All good.

A couple of warm up exercises...joining seam for a table runner backing...and sewing in of thread ends on this Christmas wallhanging (now ready for binding if I ever made a decision on what that is going to be!)...

Then I finished cutting out these shapes to get that box of fabric off the cutting table...mmmm, what could they be for?...

Sewing muscles duly warmed up it was time to move on to the Main Event for the evening...the pinwheel project...
Block trimming to 5 1/2” (they were a bit shy of 6" and I probably should have trimmed to 5 3/4" but I was reading the ruler at 5 3/4" when I started off (ejit that I am!)...and once cut can't be glued back on so 5 1/2" they are...


Then a decision on which of the three fabrics on hand to use as the alternate blocks...

Pinned up on wall...mmmm, which to use as the setting triangles?  The same as the alternate blocks or...yep, the blue one...



This is as far as I made it...



...excuse Bumbl'e Bee underneath, it really isn't unpinnable yet without destruction...no actual sewing on this one but almost ready for P-faff to swing into action...

Hope your FNSI was productive...

Happy Stitching...

5 comments:

BubzRugz said...

I love the Christmas wall hanging and the back ground fabric is just perfect for it.... mmm... I'm also trimming for pinwheels but I am still in the half square triangle stage.....
Hugz

Anonymous said...

well done Annette you were on a roll

Anonymous said...

It's looking great!

Shay said...

Love those 30's repro apple cores .

Ive cut too short many times. It's a quilting occupational hazard! 5 1/2 inches is easier to calculate anyway!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

You got quite a bit accomplished for FNSI! I love the pinwheels set with the blue triangles. It's a soft, sweet look :)