Wednesday 29 December 2010

Circles...

Another Christmas present made its way to its new home yesterday so now I can add another finish to my OPAM list for December...Circles Tablemat...

The "top" side


The "under" side

Based on a Moda Bakeshop recipe...I say based because as usual I didn't follow the plan exactly...I've decided I'm pathalogically unable to follow a pattern to the letter...ah, they are just guidelines surely...

So, the recipe called for a layer cake and a backing fabric...I used a charm pack instead, City Weekend by Liesel Gibson for Oliver + S for Moda and instead of a constant backing fabric simply used two charm squares for each circle so that the mat is sort of reversible...the recipe had the circles laid out into a kind of rectangular arrangement but I wanted something more circular as the table it is intended for is a round table...

Another pressie delivered and another finish to OPAM 2010...

Happy Stitching...

No comments: